Friday, June 3, 2011

Hometown Challenge #2 Good Morning From....

Good Morning from Peculiar, our second Hometown Challenge. Yes, I changed the name. As I said in the beginning, this is new to me and will be evolving.  The challenge was inspired by the idea that setting is crucial to the plot.  Think Mayberry or, for SciFi channel fans, think Eureka.


Here's how it works. You have from now until 5 pm.Tuesday June 7  to come up with a short-short (500 words) that takes place here in Peculiar.  As I sit sipping my venti triple shot latte on a bench along the main thoroughfare, there is a lot to see.  But I’m not telling.

I know the name sounds like a soft pitch and on the surface it is.  But the goal here is to stretch and be creative.



You could win the following cool badge (I created it so, at least, I think it’s cool):

So here’s the schedule

                Post your submission to your website/blog by 5pm on Tuesday

                Leave the link on the comments to this blog.

                Readers:  Beginning at 5pm on Tuesday, visit the contributing sites and enjoy what I am sure will be some great reads. Also follow these bloggers. Then come back here and in the post that will open on Tuesday vote for your favorite.  I’m still working on the voting details.  This is not American Idol, please don’t try to stack the deck. It is not encouraging to all if the voting is perceived as rigged.

                Check back next Friday to see who the winner is and what our next town is!


I'll be posting another excerpt from Dark Dealings this Sunday, hope you enjoy it.  If you missed the first 2, they are listed to the right under "Places To Visit"


No comments:

Post a Comment