Thursday, June 28, 2012

Urban Fantasy Novel to Help Kick Cancer Overboard


Everyone knows that urban fantasy novels involve kick-ass heroes and heroines with a softer hidden side.We write what me know, especially the softer stuff. So I little about me and some important announcements.

Self-publishing my first, but not last, novel, Dark Dealings has been a dream come true. It has open the door to so many new experiences and brought some many wonderful new people into my life.  Yesterday was a great day. I did my first radio interview with Krista-Lynn on her blogtalk program. We had a terrific chat and I look forward to doing others in the future.  You can listen to the recorded show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/tickleyoursoultalk/2012/06/27/dlight-nj-w-author-karen-victoria-smith#.T-sZxwyJkXc.facebook   At the end of this show,  I make some big announcements, but more on that later.

Then last night, I was a guest at a celebration at The Downtown in Red Bank for two talented people I call friends, Poppa John Bug (AKA Poppa Razzi)I honor of the release of his EP 

and rising photography star, Marlo Montanaro for the opening of his exhibit there “Rock Star Fantasies”. You should find both of them on Facebook and friend them.

On to upcoming events.

One of the things I have looked forward to being able to do was to use my work to support causes near and dear to my heart. Now I can!

Beginning this week and all through the month of July, 50% of my royalties from Dark Dealings, from any platform (eBook or print) will be donated to:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KICK CANCER OVERBOARD, a local 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a very simple mission: To give away FREE cruises, to people whose lives have been affected by cancer. During this annual cruise, their main concern is NOT how to pay for their next medical bill, but whether to play bingo, get a massage or sing karaoke all night long.
Because of the overwhelming support from many local businesses, Kick Cancer Overboard has been able to sponsor 57 people to date, and offer them a well-deserved break on a beautiful cruise ship. You can view their stories at www.kickcanceroverboard.org.
Anybody affected by cancer can submit their request for a free cruise (on the KCO website). A committee will review the entries on a regular basis and choose the most deserving cancer fighters.
The actual second annual cruise was on 5/19/2012 and KCO was able to sponsor 45 people to sail for free, along with 53 that paid their own way, to support this worthy cause (and take advantage of a great vacation at the same time. Next year’s cruise will be on 5/25/2013. “Our goal is simple”,Ted Friedli, KCO founder, says, “to fill the ship with cancer fighter and survivors, their friends, family and supporters – and celebrate life! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have all been touched by cancer in one way or another and have seen not just the physical toll it takes of the fighters and their family but the emotional, psychological, and spiritual toll it also takes.  To replenish the spirit help, I believe in the mind-body connection important to winning the battle.

As part of that, I will also be doing my first book signing on July 18th from 6-9 PM at the Draft House at 100 Brighton Ave, Long Branch NJ. If you are in the area or have friends or family in the area who would like to attend, please contact me at threeworldsproductions@gmail.com for additional details. 




Even if you cannot attend, but have been considering purchasing Dark Dealings, check out the links to the right of this post for excerpts and purchase options. 

Important note: If you would like to purchase a print copy of Dark Dealings on-line, PLEASE make the purchase through Amazon ONLY. I do NOT receive royalties from the sales to outside vendor, so NO donation will be credited to Kick Cancer Overboard.

And by all means pass this along and share with others who may want to help 


2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic thing to do, donating to Kick Cancer Overboard. I had not heard of this organization. Thanks from a cancer survivor and fellow writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Katy. I am a believer in the connection of mind and body on any healing, especially in cancer. The opportunity to raise money to help send a survivor and their family on a cruise to help a little is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete