Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Interview with Torie James: Timeless Desire in New Camelot

     Today we are visited by Torie James as she travels far and wide proclaiming her new book, Timeless Desire, the second book of her New Camelot series.
~~~~~~~~~~
     If you could live forever, what would you choose to live for? I chose honor...

     Awakening to a new world, Gawain has high hopes that the last 500 years have cooled the fires of hatred burning in the heart of his wife, Nimue. Cruelly betrayed by the one person she put all her faith and trust in, Nimue hasn't forgotten the lone cowardly act of one of King Arthur's greatest knights. Together again and yet forever apart, can they heal the past when a new enemy rises to threaten the foundation of all they hold dear?




Storyteller’s Grove:  So Torie tell our readers a bit about yourself and your writing journey.
Torie James: Most people go their whole lives not knowing what they were born to do. I discovered mine a little past the age of 8 but lacked the ambition and motivation until the last few years. Then the most extraordinary thing happened. I met a wizard in a forest.
     What? Did I mention it was a dream? Still counts!
     I met Merlyn Emrys. Yes, THE Merlyn Emrys of ancient Arthurian Lore. Note: we are NOT talking a spindly legged, heavily bearded old man with bad teeth and surly attitude. He hates that image, by the way and says he can own Gandalf the White any day. *winks* So, I had this dream one night after watching Highlander II followed by Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. I was also reading a bit Charlaine Harris in between movies. Long story short, Merlyn said two words to me, “What if”. What if we got the players right but the stories wrong? The tales of Arthur, Excalibur and Camelot. Then he told me what REALLY happened...
     And I created New Camelot.
     My newest book, Timeless Desire, Book 2 of New Camelot, picks up were Timeless Night, Book One, left off. In the first book, we meet Alex and Sabrina, the main protagonists, and learn that all the myths of the Fae, of Merlyn and Arthur, are true. Sabrina is the catalyst that brings into play a prophecy foretold a thousand years ago and reunites the bravest knights of Arthur’s fabled roundtable.
Book 2 tells the story of Gawain and his fiery wife, Nimue. One secret separates them, one curse divides them. He loves her and she yearns for his heart....in her killing grasp. 

SG: What’s your sign? How do you think it affects your writing?
TJ: I am an Aquarian, proudly so! I know, without any doubt that it does affect my writing since the Water Bearer is all about thinking outside of the box! There is no “norm” to me, I color waaaay outside the lines and often love to bring fantastical, futuristic musings to the past.

SG: What do you love to drink?
TJ: Coffee and Dr. Pepper. When I’m lucky, I can run down a Mr. Pibb and then it is ON! 

SG: Do you believe in Bigfoot?
TJ: Absolutely.

SG: If you were on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?
TJ: Chocolate, my cell phone (I’d conserve the battery...mostly!) and a sock. Just one sock. For my hand. So I could make a hand puppet named Ermie to keep me company when I lost my mind.

SG: If you were 80 years old, what would you tell your children?
TJ: Designer Depends only and go heavy on the baby powder. My cheeks love being pampered.

SG: Can you instruct someone how to make an origami "cootie catcher" with just words?
TJ: Yep. Find Justin Bieber. Attach to self. There you go.


Torie James has loved reading since she was old enough to hold a book in her lap. While her friends were out playing, she was generally curled up nearby falling down rabbit holes, catching second stars to the right, and stepping through wardrobes into mysterious lands and countless adventures. When those stories ended, she made up her own and kept going. This later on translated into a strong passion for writing that has helped her keep her feet on the ground while her head stayed firmly in the clouds. Lover of Dr. Pepper, all things chocolate, and Duran Duran, her dreams finally became a reality with her debut novel, Timeless Night, in 2013 by Breathless Press. Creator of the "New Camelot" series, as well as "The Cloie Chronicles", Ms. James has plans to continue spinning many new worlds.
Torie lives in Southern California with her family and a houseful of pets that rule the roost.

You can find Ms. James and her books at the following sites:


No comments:

Post a Comment