Monday, October 8, 2012

Dark Dealings Celebrates October


October is the month for paranormals, urban fantasy and horror writers. Dark Dealings , in fact opens at Samhain (Halloween for the rest of you). As a result, I am a very busy girl. Last weekend, I was signing books at the Zombie Walk in Asbury Park (check out the Facebook page and plan for next year) http://www.facebook.com/njzombiewalk?fref=ts


For me the best use of a busy month is to give back.  Since before I published, I have received tremendous support from indie musicians. I believe it is because we get each other and have or are travelling similar paths. We have a passion for our respective art, a desire to be the best we can be and to bring our work to others. We appreciate that being indie brings both more work and more freedom at the same time.




So, for the entire month of October, I will be donating 50% of my royalties from any sale (eBook or print) from any platform (Kindle, Nook, Kobo or Smashwords) or at my signings to



Musicians on a Mission (MOAM) is a network of musicians who have joined forces to make a difference to the most needy in our area. We are passionate about supporting local musicians and local charities. Over the past 22 months, we have raised over $7,000 and hundreds of pounds of food for thirteen local charities, while creating opportunities for local musicians to make a difference through their music. The charities range from homeless shelters to food pantries, and have included Coastal Habitat for Humanity, Family Promise, and Move for Hunger among others. All of the charities are listed on the "giving" page of our website www.musiciansonamission.org.
and their
Even if you do not live in New Jersey, you can appreciate the terrific work they do. So make it a double win: purchase a great Halloween read and support a wonderful group of musicians whose motto is
Making Music, Making a Difference.

If you live in striking distance, I will be signing books at the following locations:

At the Wonder Bar in Asbury Park at the Jammin’ for Jenny fundraiser on this Friday October 12 starting at 7pm.

I will be Danny Coleman's guest on his Rock On Radio show on Sunday October 14 starting at 10pm. Like his Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/DannyColemans.ROCKonRADIO?fref=ts for furhter details.

The Draft House in Long Branch, NJ on October 18 from 6-9pm

The Paranormal Books and Curiosities in Asbury Park, NJ on Sunday October 21 from 2-4.

I am waiting to hear if I am signing at the Maryland Writers Association conference in Baltimore on October 20th, which I will be attending.
Stop by and of these events and say hello or purchase Dark Dealings through the online retailers to the right of this post.
Watch here, follow me on Facebook and Twitter for updates on these and additional events.

Music is an important part of how I explore my characters and is part of every bio I create for major one.  So I leave you today with a song you would find on Liam's iPod. You'll get it if you've read Dark Dealings.




No comments:

Post a Comment