Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday Inspiration, Skiing and a good Cabernet

I wrote a post…Way too serious.  So, I got it off my chest and filed it.  On to other things.

My husband and son are going to Vermont this weekend to get in one last ski trip in before the thaw.  So I have a long weekend to myself.  What would you do with this time?  Me…I’m planning on writing, editing, getting tax stuff together, working out and sleeping.  Sounds like a fun weekend, right?  In a way it is.  I love being around people.  I am around people all the time.  Once in awhile, it is nice to have quiet time. 

I am often at my most creative in those quiet, alone moments.  My main character in Dark Dealings, Micaela came to me as I sat alone on my patio on a lovely evening with an equally lovely Cabernet.  Her voice was so string, even at those early stages, that I had to grab a notebook and take notes.  Other places I found inspiration are the gym on an elliptical with my earbuds and, of course, in the shower.  I can take an index card and pen onto the elliptical but they have to wait on the bathroom counter and the ink better be waterproof. And if we ever share a room at a conference, ignore me if you hear me arguing with someone while showering… I really am alone and I generally don’t listen to the voices in my head.

So where do you find inspiration?  What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever done?

Footnote to prior post:  Borders in bankruptcy but the ABA (American Booksellers Association) says indie booksellers are alive and well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment